Step 3: Prepare your application
At this stage of the application process you should:
- Find a supervisor (for research and project-based programs).
- Complete any necessary tests or exams such as English proficiency tests or GRE exam.
- Contact your referees.
- Gather all of the required documentation necessary to complete your application.
Please review the checklist below for specific requirements.
Unnecessary documents, including extra letters of recommendation, will not be added to your file. Any extra documentation will be discarded and will delay the processing of your file.
Checklist of required documents for application
- two letters of recommendation (please note: some programs require three letters of recommendation. See individual program pages for requirements.)
- proof of English language proficiency
- one official or certified copy (certified by the institution) of each previous undergraduate and graduate transcript
- one- to two-page statement of academic intent
- photocopy of your degree parchment(s)
- any required program-specific documentation (see individual program pages)
Note: Applicants who have completed post-secondary studies in India and/or Pakistan are required to submit detailed, certified semester mark sheets. Applicants who have completed their studies in China are required to submit both a copy of their bachelor degree parchment and a copy of their graduation certificate.